To support the new school year, The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching is proud to be releasing an enhanced version of the Networked Improvement Learning and Support (NILS) platform on September 14, 2017.
Enhancements in the September 2017 NILS release are as follows:
- PDSA data can be uploaded and commented upon in the observations field for both quantitative and qualitative data
- Quantitative data units are entered in the Do phase
- PDSA Do data is visible on the Study page for ease of comparison between predicted and observed outcomes
- Activity Center:
- An Activity Center has been created, where network members can participate in a NIC’s open activities and reflect on completed activities
- Members can author submissions, ask for support, and comment on hub-authored activity reflections in the conversation center
- The conversation center supports blogs, posts, uploads, and like and comment features
- Note: At this time, activities’ conversation centers have replaced the Forums feature. By the end of 2017, members will be able to participate in discussions via groups and topics from a site directory.
- Members receive in-site notifications when new site content (activities, change ideas, etc.) is posted, and when other members interact with their submissions and posted content
- Some new content also triggers an email notification
- The menu header has been revised into an upper and lower menu, with Help, My Posts, and Profile in the top menu, and Home, Resources, Find PDSAs, Activity Center, and Tour in the lower menu
How is this different than the previous version?
- Only time-stamped data could be entered when quantitative data collection was selected
- Quantitative data units were entered in the Plan phase
- PDSA Do data was not visible on the Study page
- Activity Center:
- No previous Activity Center features existed
- No previous notification features existed
- Header was one menu bar with Home, Resources, Forums, Find PDSAs, Tour, Help, Profile, and Log Out options
If you have any questions or encounter any issues with this new version of NILS, please contact us through the Help Desk.